Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] Character Art - Hellborne Sejuani

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Arakareeis polycounter lvl 3
Hello all,

A friend of mine called me out to do this challenge to make a Sej skin so here I am.

Sejuani is one of my favorite and was one of my main champs back in the day. So here's my idea for what I will be doing. I'm not the strongest 2D drawing person so there will be very little of that from me. I will be making a Warhammer inspired Sej skin, more specifically the Chaos God Khorne and his Bloodbound. There are hardly any females in depicted in the realm of Khorne, so I think it will be a blast to make some awesome inspired by that and just thinking about Sej. riding a badass hellbeat with a wicked looking weapon swinging around just sounds sweet to me.

I'm using Pinterest to gather my references anf all my other images that ill be drawing inspiration and other stuff from:
https://www.pinterest.com/arakareeis/hellborne-sejuani-ref-board/

I'll be posing WIPs soon

Replies

• Arakareeis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

This will be a heavily Warhammer inspired skin mainly the Chaos God Khorne and his Bloodbound, Bloodmongers, Demons, etc. Hence why I will call it the Hellborne Sejuani (Chose the word Hellborne both for the meaning of the work Borne and as well as a shout-out and tribute to my favorite game in the recent decade Bloodborne)

My primary idea is that she's going to be looking more demonic, altering her legs to have double jointed knees, hooves, she's going to have demonic horns of some kind, I was thinking maybe take the ice horns from her original skin and making it into her actual demon horns, or I might just make new Horns all together. 

Planning on cutting down her armor to be more "skimpy" ish but at the same time a feeling of power and force rather than just sex-appeal and as a throw back to Chaos the armor will probably with some type of Golden trim and the Golden arrows of Chaos as decorations, not copying any symbols directly but some throwbacks to the design. As for her weapon it's still in the early idea phases in my mind and i'll share that later. For her mount I was think something of a hybrid between a Magmadroth (not technically Chaos but in terms of looks, mind as well be lol) and the Flesh Hounds of Khorne.

WIPBlockout001jpgMy Current Blockout of Sejuani and very early WIP (Thanks Joao Sousa for the IMM fingers they are the best, and keep being awesome bro) the little stub tail is a small thing that is found on Bloodthirsters and is something I really like but often miss because its so tiny lol.

Magmadrothjpg  
    Image of a Magmadroth for those of you unfamiler.

FHKhornejpg  
    And these are the Fleshounds of Khorne.

Feedback appreciated

• Arakareeis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So it's been a while and I've been working pieces of Sej's armor here and there slowly putting it together.

So here's what I got so far

There's thing's I'm still messing with like the top horns of the shoulder pad, i'm probably removing so it does not look like it stabs into her neck, and I might remove with top horns on the arm guard on her left arm as well to give me more room to make a fitting shoulder pad.

Feedback appreciated

• GravityBwlast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GravityBwlast interpolator
    Hey,

I think you should work on both Sejuani and her mount at the same time, as the silhouette is never Sejuani alone. I'm not too fond of the soraka legs, and it differs a lot from Sejuani as she is supposed to be human. In terms of lore it doesn't match BUT in terms of gamedesign, I don't think it is a problem because the legs are hidden in the overall mount silhouette anyway. I understand your idea but for me it isn't Sejuani at all though.

However, the overall body proportions are far from Sej's, you should study screenshots of her model, lolking's viewer is a good thing for proportions references.

The Magmadroth sounds like a good idea for your theme, I think you should start working on the mount as well then.

Good luck!
  • LordAzmore
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LordAzmore node
    Hey, dude good stuff so far man! I started working on Bristle first. 
  • Arakareeis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More Updates I guess, slow progress, beginning to think that I wont get this done on time.

Thanks for the feedback @GravityBwlast, when i initially was blocking her out i took a long time to decide if i wanted the double jointed legs or regular legs, and since you pointed them out I decided to give them a try and personally i like reg. legs better so thanks man. 

As for her proportions, they are still fluctuating as i'm adding pieces and sculpting in general, its super difficult and something i need more practice on for sure, and finding her official t-pose is difficult and the model viewer always has her mounted, maybe when bristles is more done i can do a rough pose with her on top.

So this is my blockout of Bristles, inspired from the Magmadroth, mostly the head, as i begin to sculpt at all, i'm sure it will look a bit more like a Magmadroth. i had to adjust the proportions to fit Bristles since the auctual Magmadroth is way too long, so i made a bulkier more "rhino" like if you would 

Feedback appreciated :D

• Arakareeis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More updates on the Sej. skin. I'll be starting on the tail now and hopefully finish it before the weekend. then i can get back to Sej herself and fix and finish her off.