Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

Guardian of the Sands, Diana / Arclight Diana

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
OutsideLane polycounter lvl 3
Heya all!

I'm still not 100% decided what it will be, but i'll go with Diana and want to show my inital sketches for a possible skin.
Whenever i see Diana's curved blade i think she'd be the perfect fit for an Egyptian themed skin and luckily in the world of LoL we have the mighty empire of Shurima which will be my inspiration for this project.

I'm not a 2D guy so i approached this challenge by making a basemesh in ZBrush, throwing it over into Krita and using it to determine my proportions. That made it way easier to just draw over and explore costume designs.

So here i played with different forms and shapes, throwing everything together, still expermineting. Most likely the actual design will be a mix of all of them :D

For the sword i only know that i want to play around the cresent shape that is grounding Diana in her moon theme. I made some sketches using the actual form of the Egyptian Khopesh (the sickle sword), but it's not "moony" enough so i came up with different shapes.

If you have any feedback, suggestions, ideas, i'm happy to hear them.
This will be my first handpainted project, so i'm excited to give it my best and hopefully learn a lot.

Good luck to everyone, let's do this! 

Replies