Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Narrative

[WIP] A Stone in the Snow (Taliyah)

null
Offline / Send Message
Sencat null
Summary:
  • This story will be focusing on Taliyah and her experience in Freljord.
Inspiration:
Thought Process:
  • Ever since I read Taliyah's short story and saw her Freljord skin, I wanted to write about her in Freljord. I wasn't sure if her Freljord skin was an alternate universe or if the power to control ice was something learned - I will be going with the latter for this story.
  • There isn't much official lore on Taliyah's trip in Freljord from what I can tell, so I wanted to fill in the gap. Taliyah has lines with both Ashe and Lissandra in her Freljord skin, so I want her meeting both champions in this story. 

Outline:
  • Taliyah goes to Freljord looking for passage home but is intercepted by a snowstorm. She is impatient – she asks Ashe to teach her how to control ice, since this strange storm doesn't allow her to control the stone beneath the thick ice. Ashe is suspicious of how such a young child from the deserts came from so far north but accepts her into the tribe. She does not teach Taliyah how to control the ice, leaving her to tend to the reindeer instead.
  • Taliyah, after being rebuffed many times, attempts to go off on her own to control ice. However, stuck in the snowstorm, she is confronted by a dark force (Lissandra) who senses power in her and attempts to lure her into using the power of black ice. She tells Taliyah that she is meant for much more then tending reindeer.
  • Taliyah refuses, stating that Noxus had told her the same and summons a single rock to hurl at Lissandra. Angered, Lissandra attacks.
  • Ashe appears, using a single stunning arrow to scare Lissandra off. Impressed by Taliyah’s spirit, Ashe decides to teach Taliyah the way of ice. 

Replies