Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Narrative

(WIP) Lucian meets a lead.

Sureshot7x
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Sureshot7x null
   The creak of the old door opening breaks the silence. It’s about as beaten down as the man opening it. The hunter lays down his weapons on the nearby table. He never keeps them too far away from him. “Another day, another dead end. One of these pathetic creatures has to eventually have some information that I need. Something that can lead me to Thresh”.Lucian has been looking night after night for the evil being who took his beloved Senna. Once they were the most feared duo in all of Runeterra, now it’s just Lucian that is feared by all corrupted beings.“This night was unusual though” Lucian muttered as he slowly drank his daily nightcap. “Mostly the undead and apparitions just laugh or scream until I pierce them.” This one did not, Lucian remembers. “Where can I find the warden!” Lucian shouted at the unsightly ghoul before him. It was a hideous thing. Twisted and distorted to where Lucian could barely even tell what it was once. A treant, its sad one of these magestic beings was corrupted by the Ruination of the Blessed Isles, but that does not deter Lucian’s focus. “Where can I find Thresh!” He shouted once more to no avail. He raised his relic weapons as the Twisted Treant spoke. “The keeper of relics. He and that king caused this beautiful place to fall into chaos” said the creature so slowly it could be confused as a long moan. “King?” . Lucian was stunned. He didn’t drop his weapons, but he was still stunned. These creatures hardly ever speak, and when they did it was about how they were going to kill him. After a moment of silence the treant turned to leave. Lucian without hesitation fired a shot of light that scorched the ground in front of the creature stopping it in its path. “You missed” said the treant, and with a very cold and confident tone Lucian replied “I don’t miss, and you are not leaving yet. What is your name?”. “My name? My name was once Maokai. Now? I am just the one who will punish those who turned this place into the Shadow Isles” the treant continued to leave until he disappeared into the mist. Lucian snapped back. “He was talking about the ruination, but that is so old that ancient history thinks it’s history.” Lucian sighed “that treant must have been living there since the day it happened, damn”. Lucian retired to his study for the night where he usually finds rest. He culdn’t bring himself to lay in their bed until the warden was dead or he was.  He wasn’t complete without her, but he was still very dangerous. As Lucian walked over to his massive throne like chair where he spends most evenings, he stopped right before falling into it. “Ruination, Senna has a book about that in here somewhere. She was good like that. Always prepared and calculated” Lucian sighed. 
Lucian perused up and down the countless books, until finally, “The Shadow Isles: Origins, hmph a little on the nose, but let’s see how long it takes for this knock me out”. He walks back over to his seat, laying his pistols down on the table next to him. He begins to gloss over the overly thick chapters of the book. Most of this he’s already heard. A far off and powerful kingdom arrived on the shores of the Blessed Isles with its heartbroken king holding the rotten corpse of his once beloved wife. He begged the guardians of the island to bring his queen back to life. Forcing the issue through their rejection he placed her body into the water of life where her decayed flesh renanimated. The King, along with his best men, women, and inhabitants of the island, watched as the undead being begged them to let her die again. In his grief the king conjured a spell to end the life of him and his beloved. However, he was unaware of inconceivable power that the relics of the island held. The spell, corpse, and dark relics combined for a perfect storm that corrupted the power and inhabitants of the isle. Distorting, perverting, and ruining everything within reach casting the island into shadows. Lucian paused for a second. “Dark Relics?” He said out loud. He then remembered what the treant, Maokai said “The Relic Keeper” Lucian stood from his chair as if the chair had kicked him out of it. “The relic keeper was Thresh, before. He knew who Thresh was” Lucian paused again “I have to find that tree” Lucian grabbed his and Senna’s pistol and set off through that creaky door again. Not many would brave the Black Mist, and even less would do so in the dead of night. Anyone would die if they were so foolish. Lucian was not anyone. A heart torn hunter, vanquisher of evil, and one hell of a shot, Lucian sets off into the land that no one else does because that is the only place that where he will finally find what he has been looking for, Vengeance.