Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Narrative

[WIP] A Frozen Tomb

Iceborn
null
Offline / Send Message
Iceborn null
As my username might also suggest: a fanfiction for Lissandra, the Iceborn Queen.

I've been wrestling these past few weeks with the question of, "Who is Lissandra?" She has few lore entries, she doesn't have a wealth of voice lines. Grasping her personality has therefore been a bit of a struggle; she must be more than one-dimensional devotion to the Frozen Watchers.

I've settled on the theme of my work: "Is it better to focus on the future, or the here and now?"

Lissandra's vision of the future implies to me she's willing to sacrifice everything today for what she can gain tomorrow, and I want to put her in a situation where that is put to the test. In a first draft of the story, I envisioned her being given an opportunity to stop her quest and settle for momentary peace in the here and now, but I think after all I'd like to make it a bit stronger.

For her personality, I've asked multiple Lissandra enthusiasts, and she is an impassive person, likely. Lissandra is ruthless, likely arrogant to a fault, and a meticulous planner. What's it like to have lived for centuries, to always kill and deceive, and thus always be alone?

I hope to write an interesting piece on that.