Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] Ninja Diana

vertex
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Lizsy vertex
Hi! So my idea is Ninja Diana, i also like the idea of thief so ill have to decide when i am designing the costume! I have been thinking about this for a while but it took me a long time to think which composition i wanted to go for! I did alot of sketches/thumbnails and have been using alot of anatomy research as ninja poses in action are a bit complex (for me as i am a new artist!)

I shall upload the reference page i am using and the sketch i am working on so far...

Replies

• Lizsy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lizsy vertex
    Just a small update of the design; i think i am ready to block in some colour soon, but i want to make sure the design is right first, my original intention was to have her in some Tavern or Castle roof but i decided to make it inside a church where i can take full advantage of the moonlight, and have streams of light coming through the windows. 

I tried to place the chandelier with a slightly downwards perspective so it feels like she is up high, also i looked at lot of Piltover city designs and made my windows inspired from that. You cannot really see the best design of them at the moment, but perhaps i can shift them a bit later so one is a bit more visible.