Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] Character Art - Ocean Spirit Kha'Zix

VL5
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
VL5 polycounter lvl 2
Intro
Hello Polycount Community,

My name is Victor Lopez or VL5 and i'm a Polycount Newb. I have a BA in Game Development but I never felt like I was as good as any of you to enter a Polycount contest. First off I want to apologize for starting a bit late to this contest. I've actually been brainstorming this idea for a while but i've been very nervous about showing my work in progress (especially the internet). Today I said screw it and put all my fears aside to do it because I know without critique or input from other artists my work will not improve as fast as I want it to. So please don't be shy like I am and give me some feedback, comments, critiques or suggestions about my work, I would LOVE to hear from different point of views. I want to see how far I can go with this contest using all of my potential.

Ocean Spirit Kha'Zix

Inspiration
The character i'm using for an Original Skin Design is Kha'Zix. Kha'Zix is my main character in League. I LOVE his kit and enjoy jumping around blowing squishies up. I own all his skins currently and shuffle between all of them. A lot of champions in league have skins that are out of the norm, so for Zix, I want that too. A shiny glowing skin for him with custom animations that fits but doesn't fit his character (if that makes sense?).

One day I was talking to my best friend and she sparked the idea of creating a sort of water bender Zix. Like Zac, in this skin Kha'Zix is made of liquid but specifically water. Kind of like the ocean spirit from the movie Moana but as Kha'Zix. This Ocean Spirit also has the ability to turn itself or parts of itself into solid ice. In this case Ocean Spirit Zix turns his giant claws into solid ice so that he can easily slash and rip his enemies to shreds. His Evolved Q would just be a larger claw. His Evolved W would create icicles from his shoulders that shoot out icicles similar to Hextech GLP-800. His evolved E would create very long flowy water wings that when he leaps, he's shot up like a water jet and his wings kind of flow behind him. When he lands, he splashes into the ground and rises out of the puddle in the ground. Finally his evolved R would change the color of his armor pieces to create a monochromatic pallet. Of course these are not set in stone ideas but it's what I have come up with so far.

Work In Progress
This is just the work in progress drawing without color of the idea I have come up with. Please feel free (I would love you so much) to drop comments on how I could improve this design. Thank you in advance Polycount and I wish the best of luck to the other contestants!

Replies