Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot 2017 Art Contest] Darkstar Kog'Maw

Nobuddy
null
Offline / Send Message
Nobuddy null
Earlier this year I created my first attempt at Darkstar Kog'Maw, because I was excited by Battlecast Kog'Maw and the arrival of the new Darkstar Varus skin.

It's been a few months now, and the release of Darkstar Kha'Zix and Orianna has helped me see the motifs in the Darkstar skin line, which I have just recently (this week lol) began to apply to Kog'Maw, along with images of the new Hextech Kog'Maw.

The original concept had Kog'Maw containing a star inside that was slowly breaking through the confines of his body/carapace. Here I have taken inspiration from Orianna and Kha'Zix to say that perhaps Darkstar Kog'Maw is created as a way to both contain and feed the Darkstar, and when his W is activated, the Darkstar breaks his brass frame/Dyson sphere to allow for it to expand and to give Kog'Maw his four horns look. He is half mechanical like Orianna and half organic like Kha'Zix appears to be.

His headpiece is based off of the main Darkstar symbol that came with Thresh and Varus.

Replies