Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest 2017] Arclight Shyvana

vertex
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Shiko vertex
Alright, Shyvana is my favorite champion and i thought i could make this Arclight skin for her because Light Dragon?!! awesome stuff mate. Well, anyway, I'll adress avery post accordingly, like [Thumb]/[Concept]/[Reference]/[WIP values] and stuff like that. So, to start things here I'll post some stuff i've already done regardin this theme:

[CURRENT]

Replies

• Shiko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiko vertex
    [Sketch] those 2 were the ones i started with when i was thinking about the skin, hopefully things will go better XD.

• Shiko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiko vertex
    As I said the last time, I am going back and doing more concepts, so before O posto some results, here are some stuff from research

[References]
  • Shiko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiko vertex
    And here are the concepts for today stuff. I think I'm gonna stick with the last one, since my process goes more for iterations than alternatives.

[Concept]

• Shiko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiko vertex
    Alright, i finally finished concepting this, and here is the result, now i'm certain I can make more effective poses and thumbnails.

[Concept]

• Shiko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiko vertex
    Srry whoever is reading this thread, i got som concentrated on this that i forgot to update here. Buut, now I have a lot of stuff so I', posting here the process so far.

[Thumbnail/ Concept]

And here is where I am currently, still working things out, not definitive stuff yet, but still trying tho XD.

[Process/Illustration]

• Shiko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiko vertex
    Well I wasn't liking this composition and got some feedback from ppl over discords and stuff like that and then i decided to get some more reference for the body and go with another pose for my character. So i came uo with another comp, still based on a previous one i had and went from there. I am now liking the composition more.

[Sketch]

[Progress]

• Shiko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiko vertex
    Changed stuff even more on the design, but now I am more confident of the result. I'm now changeing more light and effects to after move to a better background. Still stuff to do with thebarn owl wings but still going XD

[Progress]
  • Shiko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiko vertex
    [progress] I think that now I'm the final stages of production, need to render some parts more, but most of it is done, i hope so XD
  • Shiko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiko vertex
    I think I will be done now, this version is kinda satisfying me in a sense that i think that improvements  would be in so many fundamental areas that this is where i should stop and say it is done.

[FINISHED]