Home Technical Talk

Maya vray blend material doesnt work properly for me

Silverland
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Silverland polycounter lvl 5

Maya. I use vraymtl with grey color as "base" material for vray blend node and vraymtl with blue color for "coat" of the same blend node. And as a "blend amount" i use black and white texture. Everything works as expected until i want change blue and have it transparent and not blue . Blue becomes white and not transparent. How to fix it?

here is the video that shows the problem. mAYBE I CONNECTING SOMETHING WRONG OR MY BW texture is bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6SISM3avzY&feature=youtu.be

Replies

• throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't use vray, but this behavior makes sense. When you change opacity of the blue material the blend node is using that like a layer, so you get more grey material as a result. You'll want to add another node after the blend for total opacity, or find a different way to blend the two.
  • onionhead_o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    onionhead_o polycounter lvl 16
    one work around is to have both the grey mtl and the blue material as coat layers. So basically leave the base material empty.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that you need to use a mask in the blend amount in the grey mtl as well.

Just to Clarify, you want it to look transparent or actually have refraction like glass?