Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Animation

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] - Brandon Gardner

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Forever polycounter lvl 3
I don't like to animate without a story or character, and I can't do it without something written, so I figured I'd do my whole creative process when creating a character (or in this case a set of animations) in this thread just for the fun of it. I haven't decided on a rig yet, or even a name for this hypothetical character; but I do have a short semblance of a story. 

--

Jax doesn’t need a weapon; but [character] doesn’t even need his hands to kick your butt - literally. A fighter from birth, he was constantly getting in scraps as - even young - he travelled from place to place in Runeterra to hone his craft, as a singer. But while his wit was sharp, it would often be the cause of trouble for [character].

One thing that did work in his advantage however, was his unpredictability. In a wild world of different fighting styles, the powerful kicks of [character] were a big part of how he made his name. Before long, he was less known for his less-than-melodious melodies and more for his educated feet. Talk spread of this singing nomad who was more like to kick you in the face than he was to talk to you.

This sort of talk got to [character] too, as he began to believe his own hype. He would pick fights with the biggest and baddest dudes around, trying to prove his mettle as the best fighter in the world - often winning and at the very least he would take them down with him.

--

As you can tell, I haven't even named the character yet, but we'll see how that goes. I've always been terrible at names. It's late tonight, but tomorrow I'll be hopefully deciding on a rig to use for the character (or if I want to attempt to make my own) and I'll also be doing an "interview" with the character, as I love that as a way to flesh out a character. I'll also be working on their abilities so that I have a fully fleshed out character. And so that anyone can see why I definitely should not be a game designer. I probably won't be animating those abilities (but I still might) and I know none of this will be judged, but this makes it all the more funnererer for me :D 

Good luck to anyone reading this!