Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot 2017 Art Contest] Pool Party Azir

Hello,

I found this contest earlier today and decided to give it a go. Here is my initial idea going into this. Not sure what to expect but I'm optimistic this will challenge me quite a bit. I am going with a more fun concept,

So I looked at the pool party skins initially to get an idea of the color pallet and color schemes. Here is the moodboard I will be referring to:

Lots of warm bright colors, sunlight, water and all around a 'fun' atmosphere.

I picked Azir because he's a champion I quite like the design of. Although I don't play him too much, I like the idea of SHURIMA and I think it would work quite well in a Pool Party setting.

Here are the Azir skins that I will be looking at in order to make this idea work:

Azir is quite a powerful figure in all of these splash screens. He always has confident and striking poses. I aim to see how I can go around that and present Azir in a more lighthearted 'fun' way. Sort of like Azir on Holiday. He's had enough happen to him (betrayed by Xerath) and I think he deserves a bit of a break.

Here are some notes I made, I've been thinking of how to make this function in a way that's still original but thematic.

The plan now is to make some thumbnails and further explore how exactly I would portray this. My ultra basic concept is just something that hit me while I was thinking this over and I had to get it down. I like the horizontal idea, it opens up a lot of stuff I can do with his soldiers. Sort of like Azir having his own little party perhaps with the soldiers also being on holiday. I do want to look at some other things in case I might come up with a better idea.

Let me know what you think! Feedback and tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Replies

• MadameDaFunk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MadameDaFunk triangle
    AHAHAHA super fun XD you could do azir as a boat and soldier on him , like hasselof on the spongebob film hahahahah, keep going man :smiley:
    SS SHURIMA  HAHAHAHAHAH !!! this is one of my favorite idea :dizzy:
    you can also do some of his soldier that touch water and get vaporazied by it ( sand plus + water ) or they are like super pussy and are super afraid to touch water ahaahah XD
  • MaoAkari
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MaoAkari polycounter lvl 3
    Dude
    Dear god, this thing is the best that i've ever seen!
    I cant stop laughing ;D