Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Creative Art Contset 2017] Rakan To the REscue

null
Offline / Send Message
Emeria null
Hi Everyone! Here is the sketch for my submission. It features the moment Rakan saves Xayah and the two become a team

This is my first contest, so I'm real excited to show everyone my two favorite characters (and main) as I see them! 

All my work is done by hand, but I hope you'll enjoy it anyway! 

The final version will have them in a forest and be in full color, so stay tuned! 

Cheers! 

~Emeria

Replies

• Emeria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emeria null
    Process shot of Rakan and Xayah!!! I redrew the original sketch to be more true to the characters as well as working out some of the anatomical errors.

Below this I have already started the inking process. 

Im so excited to add color top this!!!!! :D 

Cheers! 

Emeria

• Emeria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emeria null
    Latest progress sketch of my Rakan and Xayah submission. Finally started adding the color. 

These are Copic sketch markers used with Micron Liner pens. Hope y'all like it! 

Cheers!
    Emeria

• Emeria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emeria null
    Happy Thanksgiving every one! After a long week here is my progress on Rakan and Xayah.

I got most of the color down with Copics. After I finish the characters this week, I will work on darkening the background to give it more of a forest feel. I believe I may have made it too bright for a nighttime forest scene.

Cheers! 

Emeria
  • Emeria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emeria null

Final Submission!!!!

Hi everyone! 
    I've been gone for a good while due to illness, but I am glad to present you all my finished submission!

I hope you enjoy it. This piece has been completely drawn by hand and taken over 40 hours to complete. The piece has been lined with Sakura Micron pens and color was done using Copic Markers.

I wanted to depict the exact moment when Rakan saves Xayah, thus gaining her trust and starting the pair on their journey together. The "bubble" is Rakan's in game "E" shield ability, also seen in the original splash art when they were first released.

Please let me know what you think! 

Cheers! 

Emeria

• Emeria
  • Emeria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emeria null
    Here is my finished version! I hope everyone enjoy it! 

Cheers,

Emeria
  • Emeria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emeria null
    Final Submission
    Enjoy!