Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My First post!!

null
Offline / Send Message
malmo null
Hi polycounters!! As you can see, I'm new here. I have been learning 3d modeling for 1 year and now I am looking for a job, which is a bit difficult .....
I wanted to show you my portfolio to see if you can help me improve it.
Thank you.

Replies

• EliasWick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EliasWick polycounter lvl 9
    Hey and welcome!
    For one year of modelling, this is great stuff!

It seems that you have a cartoon style to your modelling. If you want to land a job in that type of area, you are in the right direction. To me, the best portfolio piece is the small dragon. The larger dragon is awesome, but I really didn't see it until I decided to view all of your work, so update that thumnail.

Keep in mind, never fill your portfolio with pieces that you don't like yourself. It's better to have a few kickas* images, instead of a thousand bad ones.

I would remove the un-textured shield and rework the facial expression of Bruice Lee.

Good luck, and enjoy your stay! :)
  • Betaknight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Betaknight triangle
    I agree with Elias, pretty good stuff for one year! At my first year I could barely texture ha!

As Elias mentioned, better to have your best pieces ever in the front (portfolio). You're only as good as your worst piece, a quote from an art director. 

Keep it up man! Dragon looked very cool!
  • malmo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malmo null
    EliasWick said:
    Hey and welcome!
    For one year of modelling, this is great stuff!

It seems that you have a cartoon style to your modelling. If you want to land a job in that type of area, you are in the right direction. To me, the best portfolio piece is the small dragon. The larger dragon is awesome, but I really didn't see it until I decided to view all of your work, so update that thumnail.

Keep in mind, never fill your portfolio with pieces that you don't like yourself. It's better to have a few kickas* images, instead of a thousand bad ones.

I would remove the un-textured shield and rework the facial expression of Bruice Lee.

Good luck, and enjoy your stay! :)
    I agree with Elias, pretty good stuff for one year! At my first year I could barely texture ha!

As Elias mentioned, better to have your best pieces ever in the front (portfolio). You're only as good as your worst piece, a quote from an art director. 

Keep it up man! Dragon looked very cool!

Thank you very much both for dedicating some time to look at my portfolio and tips are very helpful.
    I learned a lot and very fast at the Animum school, when I started I had no idea what a quad was.

Now that you have told me, Lee's expression is really bad ahahaha i have to fix it.
    And you're right with the big dragon, it was my first character and the render is pretty bad. I have to model it and retexturize it again.

If you liked the baby dragon and you have a 3d printer you can download it here:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2568738

I liked this phrase: You're only as good as your worst piece