Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Glock 43 Pistol

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
TJWON polycounter lvl 4
I recently created this glock 43 pistol, would really like some advice/criticism on this model. I personally am not sure of the texturing work of this model whether is it accurate or if there is any glaring issues that I could not find as this is probably the second work I have done using Substance Painter, Hence I'm not so experienced...

Renders from Marmoset Toolbag 3

Highpoly rendered directly from zbrush.

Replies

• Bigg__D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigg__D polycounter lvl 4
    very nice job bro, I have not done any 3D work in almost a year but new setup will arrive tommorow & I will be getting back into it fully. It appears you have good understanding of the modeling/texturing workflow so let me say one thing: normal maps are initially generated from the high poly to be applied to the (unwrapped) low poly. Another normal can created to accommodate details such as the writing on the gunmetal (numbers, logos, etc) and finally another normal to create irregularities on the surface such as little bumps, indents, etc because gunmetal is not perfectly smooth. At the end you merge all these normal layers as one. Ok this part of the normal that includes the bumpiness is too intense in my opinion making some parts of the surface look like skin, this should be toned down & it's resolution increased a bit (make the details smaller). Aside from that, the color depth needs to be adjusted a bit as it is has too much of a gray quality. Sorry for too many words here & some of my terminology may be incorrect as I said it has been a while for me! But I like it man good work! 
  • TJWON
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TJWON polycounter lvl 4
    I see. The bumpiness does seem intense, the colors maybe I add some bluish tints? I will work on it. Thanks for the comments!
  • TJWON
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TJWON polycounter lvl 4

Reduced the grain size and made it less intense, also added abit of blue into the colors.