Greetings, I am currently seeking pixel artists for a passion project of mine called "Arclight Genesis", a sci-fi/fantasy game made in RPG Maker MV. If you need to get a gist of what the overall aesthetic of the game looks like, you can check out its About section over here
. (do note that a few things are still kind of under construction due to several recent revisions, such as certain character designs and a recent name change.)
While I am an artist somewhat capable of pixel art, the problem is that my workload is already pretty heavy due to me not only being the programmer and developer, but also the backgrounds, portraits, layouts, storywriter, etc.
Here are some things I'm looking for:
- I do not desire to use the standard RPG Maker chibi style for the overworld and battle sprites, but rather a sprite style somewhat similar to The World Ends With You or Azure Striker Gunvolt. (in case if you have doubts if RPG Maker can do that, it can do that, trust me.)
- I need this for characters, NPCs, vehicles, and enemies. If you can do special effects, that will be amazing, but if not, I can probably manage that.
- Prior experience in pixel art is preferred, but not required. The only thing I ask is that it's at least decently close to what I'm looking for.
- Overworking someone is what I'm scared of doing, but a decent amount of time on your hands would be preferred.
- Finally, a method of communication, because a communicable team is a functional team!
I know this possibly sounds daunting, especially considering the fact that this is unpaid work, but unfortunately, I have no fundings for this project and whatever money I DO make goes straight to bills to keep the roof over my head (and computer) and food in my stomach. Later down the line when we have at least a decent demo out and a good amount of progress in the game itself, I am definitely looking to kickstart this project and pay that way...or maybe sooner when my life situation changes and I have more money to spare. (such as Patreon, which is woefully too little to consider using as payment at the moment.)
Any further developments and I promise that I'll be in constant contact. We are currently looking to go into development in 2018, no later than the summer.
If you are completely fine with all of the above and are interested in working for the project, you can email me at [email protected]
. Please send me examples of your work with your email, as well, and I will get back to you ASAP.
Thank you very much for your time in reading this, and I hope you have a nice day!