Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Wreck-It Ralph (fanart) Dunk

triangle
Offline / Send Message
croasan triangle
Hi polycount! :)

I'm always trying not to lose the touch making some little animations when I finish my workday. So this time I decided to use a Wreck-It Ralph model and animate a dunk, because...you know, who don't like dunks?  :p

https://vimeo.com/240379606

Replies

• AGoodFella
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AGoodFella polycounter lvl 5
  • asphaltcowboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    asphaltcowboy polygon
    Hey @croasan! This is great, the animation on Ralph is really nice. My biggest issue is with the staging. Typically with a dunk, you're kinda interested in watching the ball - it tends to be the focal point. In this case, after the "dunk" it becomes super difficult to track the ball, it flies off-screen and we have no idea what happens to it. Makes it feel like a sleight of hand magic trick and he's made it disappear!

I can't even tell if he actually dunked it - he acts quite pleased with himself at the end of the animation, but there doesn't seem to be any frame where it's obvious he actually got it in the net! Ironically, it might need a bit more hang time ;)

• croasan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    croasan triangle
    Hey @croasan! This is great, the animation on Ralph is really nice. My biggest issue is with the staging. Typically with a dunk, you're kinda interested in watching the ball - it tends to be the focal point. In this case, after the "dunk" it becomes super difficult to track the ball, it flies off-screen and we have no idea what happens to it. Makes it feel like a sleight of hand magic trick and he's made it disappear!

I can't even tell if he actually dunked it - he acts quite pleased with himself at the end of the animation, but there doesn't seem to be any frame where it's obvious he actually got it in the net! Ironically, it might need a bit more hang time ;)

Thanks for your feedback Daniel! :) 

I completely agree with you with your thoughts! I should have kept this pose for some frames to enhance the action and then continue with the jump. I made a continuous action just thinking in the animation "flow" but I forgot to think in the understanding of the action :p