Home Career & Education

Unfold3d 10 - UV Unwrapping and Packing Demo + Info

sublime tool
Offline / Send Message
beefaroni sublime tool
Hi everyone, I created two quick videos showing the benefits of Unfold 3d 10 and how it can help improve and speed up your UV mapping and packing process. I have found the ease of use and resulting quality is much better than Maya, Max, Headus UV Layout, IPackThat, or 3d-Coat.

Part 1 covers importing, interface, and unwrapping .
Part 2 covers setting groups and packing UV's.

Unfold 3d Release Trailer:

Replies

• Spoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon polycounter lvl 9
    Thank you for sharing this, and for making the videos! :)
    I have no experience with the software, but it does look super neat. I'll never convince our producers to add it to the project budget, though :D 
    What drew you to this software initially? Is it the improvement all around in terms of speed and packing algorithms, or some specific feature?
  • beefaroni
    Offline / Send Message
    beefaroni sublime tool
    No problem!

The packing algorithms initially drew me to the software. At the previous two studios I've worked at we have always wanted the ability to set groups and lock islands for our UV packs. This seems to be the first software to do it pretty well.

I would say that it's unfolding options are very similar to Headus; however, it is much much easier to use for someone new.
  • Spoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon polycounter lvl 9
    interesting.
    I really liked working with Headus, which we had at a previous studio I was in. I guess I will give the demo a shot!
    Although I'm afraid I will like it :D 
    Thanks, beef!
  • Justo
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    Yeah, these videos were great, thank you for sharing them Chris. Seems like Unfold3D is growing into something really, really good. 
  • Larry
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    Please take my wallet. It has no money in it, but its a leather wallet.
  • beefaroni
    Offline / Send Message
    beefaroni sublime tool
    Hi everyone, I have done a new set of tutorials after some feedback!!

I'll link the packing features but this playlist will contain all content so far.