Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Practice modeling AT-TP

Offline / Send Message
Pinned

As a mechanical engineer I have a lot of experience with working with Inventor. Recently I started to work with 3ds max because i love to model. With only a degree in Mechanical Engineering I hope you guys can give me some critique for making models in 3dsMax. Please keep in mind I’m still in process of learning. Thank you so much for your critique.

Work in progress.

Replies

• Skinner3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Skinner3D polycounter lvl 5
    Looks good :smile: I actually modeled one of these as one of my early projects as well. FYI the backwards joints make for some awkward attempts at posing.
  • CybranM
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM interpolator
    Its a good start but I think you could take more interesting screenshots than just orthographic side, top etc :smile:
    The first image and the last image are the two that are interesting to look at, side-on can be good if you have a reference image that you compare it to.
    Just keep at it, I think you can make this into a great model :smile:
  • DannySliepen

Thanks Skinner3D and CybranM for you critique. I will post this weekend the reference images as wel. For the critique that the legs have a strange position is that I still need to learn the technique of rigging. But I’m getting there. I just want to focus first in modeling before I start learning something else. I still need to learn alot I found out. For training I use Pluralsight. I must say that I love it. Wish that I didn’t choose Mechanical Engineering but Game design because I really love it. Thanks again for replying. When I make some result I will keep on posting. 

And both of your personal portfolio looks amazing! Wish that i could model already like that! I will keep on following your work! Keep it up!

Greetz!