Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest] - Zoe And Friends

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Ruffu polycounter lvl 5
EDIT: I seemed to have to posted in the wrong forum with a somewhat similar name. I've re-uploaded it here. Sorry about that. 

---

Hi There Everyone!

I don't usually do these kind of contest things but this time I'm going to give it a shot. What I have for the illustration category is a group shot of multiple characters from the franchise. I have Bard, Aurelion Sol, Kindred, and the most recent champ, Zoe, all sitting around the campfire. The idea for this was to splice the League Characters with the type of scruffy designs from the story, Where The Wild Things Are.

I don't know what they are going to look like yet so I'm probably going to have to do some character designs for each of the characters in the scene before I delve in too deeply into defining the splash art. There are also some compositional elements that I want to change to better frame the shot but for now, here's just a sketch.

Well, that's what I have so far. I just wanted to share what I have at the moment and I hope that this doesn't stagnate! 

Will keep updating as I get further along!

Replies

• Ruffu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruffu polycounter lvl 5
    Here's the concept for Zoe's outfit. Thought that she would be kind of like the queen of the troupe just like the kid in Where The Wild Things Are, where he was the King. 

Had the idea of having her wear a Lion outfit. She seemed like she fits being in a lion costume. I have to do a couple of other tweeks but I personally I like the one on the very left. I might have tone down some of the detail but I like the vibe that one has. 

I'll be doing concepts for the rest of the gang. I'll probably do Bard or Kindred next. Stay Tuned!
  • Ruffu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruffu polycounter lvl 5
    Here's one for our most favorite multidimensional, magical -journey-taking dude. I'll probably be going with a combination of the first Bard's head and the middle Bard's body and splice those two together.