Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] Dragonborn/Hellbringer Morgana

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
ZombieCeli polycounter lvl 5
Hey Guys!

This time Ill try it too. I got many things Im passionate about. Two of them are League of Legends and my ultimate girl, Morgana.
Started League as a Support and never stopped!

So now I want to put blood, sweat and effort to create the legendary Hellbringer Morgana in an Illustration!
Hope I wont fail, but I try to put the time I have to a good use :) Feedback is appreciated! <3

First of all, here is a Moodboard:

Replies

• ZombieCeli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are the first Concepts on Paper :)

• DanRobinett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DanRobinett triangle
    Love the idea! I bet it'll look killer
  • MadameDaFunk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MadameDaFunk triangle
    Go go go gk i want ot see moreeeeee :wink:
  • ZombieCeli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Love the idea! I bet it'll look killer

Thanks! I try to not dissapoint :D
  • ZombieCeli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Go go go gk i want ot see moreeeeee :wink:
    Thank you! <3
  • ZombieCeli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here, did a first colour draft. Wanted to go for (of course) fire but not forgetting her enchanted and sinister roots she came from.

Want to put more fire on her wings so the ends look like they are on fire. What do you guys think? Feedback is always appreciated :)<3
  • ZombieCeli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im pretty happy with the composition. However, light and values are not right for now. But wanted to make an update! <3 Meteors are falling from the sky, truly bringing hell on earth through the dragonborn/Hellbringer Morgana :D
  • GonzaVega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GonzaVega polycounter lvl 3
    I like the combination of warm and cold hues on the design, prople don't do that enough.
    everything's looking great, but watch out for the anatomy in that last sketch.
  • MadameDaFunk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MadameDaFunk triangle
    nice process till now :wink:
    the final scketch is nice balanced and the i dig the style , even if some one can see it off proportion i really like the fact that the upper arms are longer tha normal  so for me is an approval but that's just my personal taste.
    the only part were i'm not convinced is the color scheme on the character , the cold and warm contrast is pretty nice but  the long skirt is to much, that kind of goldish texture really destroy the cold and warm balance in the body....
    i would keep the the palette in the body but i would change the skirt , maybe doing it like if it was alredy half burnt so it does't get to much attention. hope it helps  good luck !!! :smile:<3
  • sybrae
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sybrae null
    i don't even have words for how amazing this is and how much i love it !!! gosh i really can't convey, this is so wonderful!! one of , if not my absolute favorite entry so far for sure ; v;
  • ZombieCeli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GonzaVega said:
    I like the combination of warm and cold hues on the design, prople don't do that enough.
    everything's looking great, but watch out for the anatomy in that last sketch.

Thank you so much! And thanks for the heads up, I hope I fixed that in the newest draft (its just a small update but still!)

nice process till now :wink:
    the final scketch is nice balanced and the i dig the style , even if some one can see it off proportion i really like the fact that the upper arms are longer tha normal  so for me is an approval but that's just my personal taste.
    the only part were i'm not convinced is the color scheme on the character , the cold and warm contrast is pretty nice but  the long skirt is to much, that kind of goldish texture really destroy the cold and warm balance in the body....
    i would keep the the palette in the body but i would change the skirt , maybe doing it like if it was alredy half burnt so it does't get to much attention. hope it helps  good luck !!! :smile:<3
    Thank you so much MadameDaFunk <3
    Its my personal taste too but I got that more than one time as a feedback so I shortened them :D
    Also I will get rid of the gold and make her skirt burned, loved that solution! :) I love drawing gold and since shes a dragon it would fit - maybe I can bring it up somewhere else (small details which dont take much credit)
    Thanks <3

sybrae said:
    i don't even have words for how amazing this is and how much i love it !!! gosh i really can't convey, this is so wonderful!! one of , if not my absolute favorite entry so far for sure ; v;
    !!! Thank you so much Sybrae Q////Q To hear that really made my day <3 Hope I dont dissapoint in the end haha :D<3

Thank you guys, this is really keeping me going <3
  • ZombieCeli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a small update:
    (I worked in a german print format DIN A3 (Poster Size) But focused the main details on 1920 x 1080px)
    Its just a small update: I fixed her proportions a bit (the waist and the arms)
    Also the gold seen in the colored concept will be removed mostly. Thanks for your feedback guys! Its always appreciated <3
    Will also work on the light, still a big challenge for me :D<3 Have a nice day!
  • ZombieCeli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So small sneaky update: Did the Outlines and the base filling of Morgana. Will separate her and the background of course. (Though it was tempting just to melt everything into one layer haha)

Hope you enjoy it so far - Im happy with the level of detail on her upper body, but I hope its enough for her long dress - also should I stretch her wing to the side?
    Thank you guys so far! :)
    ZombieCeli
  • MadameDaFunk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MadameDaFunk triangle
    Hey nice well done ,  my personal taste  is telling me that i would stretch that wing , i guess tha if you try to do it will be a choise you will never regret :smile:
    i  also think it's time for you to settle the BeW image and go for the kill :hushed: 
    also things are pretty busy right now on thoose tread , it's really hard to stay behind everyone so my response wasn't super fast :tired_face:
  • Mownyan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mownyan null
    You can feel the fire that will burst from her :D I love the first colour sheme. It is really fitting for Morgana ;)
  • ZombieCeli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for being like dead the last few weeks, but I had much to do and to be honest, was hesistant working on my morgana. You know there is always a part where a painting gets ugly before you scarve out the good parts and polish it? Yeah the ugly part held me off x''D
    But hopefully Im on a better way now! Kinda forcing myself in those free days and Im slowly getting the grip back :)

First of all I analyzed Morganas Colours from all the other skins - and took new ones.

Also I made a new Moodboard for more Details :)

@MadameDaFunk
    Thanks for your nice comment <3 Yep everyones on fire right now X'D "Go for the kill" you say but I took a long break, Im sorry ;_; But will continue again now :' D <3

@Mownyan thank you <3<3<3 Though Im chaning it a bit :D

Will hopefully update sooner! Thanks for the patience and Im truly sorry :') <3

Greetings and late Merry Christmas!
  • BeccaBeeArts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeccaBeeArts triangle
    I'm loving the colors!
  • Shayumi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shayumi triangle
    Wow, really nice work so far! I would make her boobs a little bigger, in the original skin she has bigger ones, not that I personally prefer bigger boobs but it's best to keep the anatomy of the original skin I think! 
  • ZombieCeli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So guys, lets do this! Im actually finished (Not really, but there are too many mistakes I realised - but I learned a lot during this whole process and that was what I aimed for so its okay :D) long time no see! Here a few updates!

@BeccaBeeArts thanks <3 They did undergo a lot of change tho haha : D
    @Shayumi I see your point and there was no offense taken (and yes I know her boobs are bigger but I was going for smaller ones) but nice catch! Thank you <3

I did try to go for different colors and over a different, more dynamic pose over the weekend, but the risk right before the Deadline was to great, so I learned to plan and try out more ahead in the beginning :)
  • ZombieCeli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im finished! Also uploaded right now :D Im excited for everyone that participates! Good luck to you all guys <3 Im happy I could take some wisdom with me :D Long live Dragonborn Morgana!