Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] - Character Art - Jhin Eternal 4th Place - Guillaume Biju-Duval

Hydralord2
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Hydralord2 polycounter lvl 3
So i was searching for some great ideas for a Jhin Skin and i thought about using the number 4 as base.
I check a few Jhin builds and guides and i found that Video where jhin was going super fast thanks to his Passive combined with some nice music from Initial D.
That in Mind i Decided to go for a Racing Skin.
Here's a little story idea, Jhin would be one of the best racers but as a jhin he would only fit the 4th place, that way he would let his opponent arrive before him only to be 4th. i might make an illustration with him in front and a podium at the back staring ramus heca and zilean.
Thats for the concept story.
For the visual, i will probably make him wearing a leather jacket (with the n°4 in the back a bit like soldier 76 i guess) a racing helmet instead of a mask but with a particular texture (i have to work on it). I will be working on some 2D visuals before going for the 3d model.
If i have some time and motivation (which i am having a lot right now) i may go for an animation and maybe some fx (exploding wheels lotus traps would be a nice idea!)
Stay Tuned! more is coming in the future :) Anyway, i hope you like the concept idea

Replies

• Hydralord2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Here is the first idea i came from for the gun (based on the two references at the bot). I am not sur about the color yet, but i tend to think it should look a bit flashy/flamy. As you can see the handles are one of a motorbike (ironically, the brake is now the trigger for the gun), I tried placing some racing elements such as wheels, exhaust pipes, ending flag, keys and a badge at the front (for the visor). I hope you like the idea! For now i will try to focus more on the costume as i am not very sure about it yet (except the fact he will surely wear a helmet)
  • Hydralord2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Hey again! Here's the global aspect i came with after a few tests.
    i'm not sure for the colors but i will probably go for a more redish look (for now i used the classic skin tones to see what it looked like).
    I would really like to make him a Motorbike! but this will really depend on the time i take to make the character firrst :smile:
    Feel free to tell me what you think about it, I am actually looking for some feedback before going on.
  • Hydralord2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Here are some color tests, personnaly, i prefer the 4 to the top than the bottom ones. feel free to tell me which one fits the best in your opinion.