Home Marmoset

Compute binormal in vertex or pixel shader

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Klo Works polycounter lvl 8
Hi,

is there a plan to add something similar to Xnormal and Substance painter, to check or uncheck the pixel shader.

marmoset only use Pixel shaders.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just to make sure, you're using Mikktspace to bake right? I'm doing some research here and it looks like Unreal and Unity both use Mikktspace, but Unreal calculates binormals per-pixel and Unity doesn't. Currently, Toolbag always uses per-pixel with Mikkt.

We'll look into adding an option for this.
  • Klo Works
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Klo Works polycounter lvl 8
    Just to make sure, you're using Mikktspace to bake right? I'm doing some research here and it looks like Unreal and Unity both use Mikktspace, but Unreal calculates binormals per-pixel and Unity doesn't. Currently, Toolbag always uses per-pixel with Mikkt.

We'll look into adding an option for this.
    yeah, I am using mikktspace.

thanks a lot  :)<3   

• fattkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fattkid polycounter lvl 15
    EARTHQUAKE!!!

I just got rolling an hour ago with Marmoset 3 and it is wonderful. Thank you for making a tool like this happen, as well as being such a huge value to the community in general.

The skew painting is heaven sent. And I went to rebake my AO and other maps after I fixed some skewing and they all updated accordingly. You sir, kick ass.

If there is any sort of game industry award for technological innovation or general kick assery, it should be yours.

Just wanted to say thanks :)

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fattkid said:
    EARTHQUAKE!!!

I just got rolling an hour ago with Marmoset 3 and it is wonderful. Thank you for making a tool like this happen, as well as being such a huge value to the community in general.

The skew painting is heaven sent. And I went to rebake my AO and other maps after I fixed some skewing and they all updated accordingly. You sir, kick ass.

If there is any sort of game industry award for technological innovation or general kick assery, it should be yours.

Just wanted to say thanks :)

Awesome, glad to hear it!