Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] Candy King Ornn

null
Just a quick place holder reference to have something up and give a quick guide to anyone who was unsure on what Candy King Ornn might be like.

Replies

• RDDesigns
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RDDesigns null

Would love to hear your comments.!!!

Here's a rough attempt at what I had in mind.

This was a lot harder than I thought it would be with Ornn having a lot of little things that needed to be converted over to some form of confectionery good. The difficulty wasn't in assigning a confectionery good to each component but having cohesive confectionery goods that didn't make it look to much like Unicorn Vomit. I tried to go with a more hard candy look similar to Candy King Ivern with the swirl patterns but I felt it resulted in Ornn looking to much like a Jester or Court Clown and not a Freljordian demi-god. In the end I went with a more Milkshake/Ice Cream theme so he looked more like a Cuddly Freljordian demi-god:

-Cones for the Horns and the Ice Cream making his Fur/Beard and Face. 
    -Hipster wanna be Galaxy Milkshake/Ice Cream colouring for the Body/Skin.
    -Piece of Ring Doughnut for the Arm Brace.
    -Belgium Waffle as his front "Ram" Bracer/Belt
    -Wafer piece shaped like Hooks for the Back Piece where his Hammer would rest.
    -Two HUGE Muffin Cookie combos for his Pants and the Cupcake Containers as his Shoes.

The weapons were then a Large Piece of Cake on a fork for one and then a Large Spoon for the other. 

Some variants became to busy and overwhelming. I liked the look of No.2 with the cream top and Cherry but felt there might be to much white and his face gets lost amongst all the ice cream/cream. The Strawberries around the belt might be a good addition to add more detail to the belt area?

• jonjon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jonjon polycounter lvl 6
    Loving the idea dude, especially the ice cream theme you've got going on for the face area. I do agree with you on no 2 though, there is slightly too much ice cream going on there. To be honest I'm quite fond of the ice cream cone horns you've gone for in 1 and 3. For his belt you could have a twizzler tied round his waist if you're looking for more detail around that area. Great work so far :smile:

• hellokritty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hellokritty vertex
    You missed a golden opportunity for a Candy cORNN pun. You could try to add chocolate swirls or ribbons, which might help break up his beard or other areas slightly. But I'm loving the idea ^_^
  • lucak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lucak polycounter lvl 5
    This is looking interesting XD keep it up