Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest] - Kayn, The Shadow Reaper

GMarsilla
null
Hi everyone!
Here´s my WIP post for this amazing contest! I am very motivated to do my best and really excited to see amazing art all around! 

I will be updating my progress, this will also help me to keep my ideas clear and develop a strong workflow  :) 

WEEK 1:

I spent the first days looking for a champion or champions to create the piece. After looking through almost all the lore of League of Legends I decided to do something about Kayn. I haven´t played in a while and this character is new to me. It´s a nice challenge to explore, understand the character, and try to create something with it! I am still not sure what I will do, but I will like to include more characters and storytelling. 
Here´s my first WIP showing a bit of a character exploration, I like to do this first as an 'Introduction' to the main character. Goal is to understand him little by little (if that makes sense).

More to come! Next step will be exploring ideas!

G

Replies

• EternalLamb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks really good. Getting a feel for the character looks to be going well. I look forward to updates!
  • GMarsilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GMarsilla null
    @EternalLamb Thanks! I am exploring more about the character and basically visualizing some of the ideas that I am having. 
    Here´s a quick screenshot of what I´ve got so far, not final compositions or anything yet.
     Left to right: 
     - 1 Thought of Kayn (In shadow assassin transformation), grabbing the last survivor of the shadow order (probably zed). I would add a lot of narrative details but basically, Kayn took over the order and killed the ones against it. This one basically focuses on him. 
      - 2 Kayn, now Rhaast, stands on the scythe contemplating the massacre. The last survivor, maybe zed or shen if he killed the Kinkou people.
     - 3 Kayn being proclaimed new leader of the Shadow order by Zed, who stands on the back.
    - 4 Reference to the classic painting of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse. Showing in a dramatic way the return or "rise" of the darkin. In this one, I would include Aatrox and Vaarus.

For now, I am just exploring storytelling and ideas...