Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest 2017] Unnamed W.I.P. (Jhin/Kindred)

null
Offline / Send Message
Jhin null
Hello! First time trying out one of these contests but I thought i'd give it a shot. My usual username to be found by is Pumpkinium and I'm truly surprised it let me have the username Jhin on here; thought it'd be taken honestly.

For my illustration I'm fairly certain I want to try out a piece involving a confrontation between Jhin and Kindred. I'm just now brewing my ideas as I make this post and haven't created any concept art or studies yet but I thought I'd get the topic out for when I'm ready. These two champions have a lot to be explored between them. They knowingly come from a similar concept when they were created as champions and I wanted to capitalize on that. I'm thinking something between maybe just an illustration of the two or perhaps a set of skins about them that might be able to tell a story.

I'll post again when I've got some visual ideas!

Replies

• Jhin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jhin null

First basic sketch concept art I've got! I've thought about making a kind of alternate skin of Jhin called Inspired Jhin. My idea for it is this is Jhin before he worked with the cabal. As noted in his lore, he used to use blades before his gun to create his artistry. I imagined his work was inspired by tales of the Kindred, and perhaps he tried to impress them by taking one of their marks. Unfortunate, as they will remember this theft..