Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Island tribe village C&Cs very welcomed :)

EVF
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
EVF polycounter lvl 3
I was very lucky to grow up in Saint Martin Caribbean, from 3yo to 16yo. I noticed that my portfolio had no tropical island environment, so there is one :)
Feedback and critiques super appreciated :)

Replies

• Tosmo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tosmo polycounter lvl 3
    Nice work on the lighting, and overall design, I like the atmospheric perspective. I might suggest altering the perspective and composition slightly. I think if we are not able to really see the ground plain it can make it hard the get a good understanding the space between objects. Also, I think the areas that are being hit by direct sunlight should be a bit more saturated unless the atmosphere is heavier at which point I might suggest some indication of fog or mist. 

Nice game art overall, It kind of reminds me of the bright tropical setting of Super Mario Sunshine.
  • EVF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVF polycounter lvl 3
    @Tosmo Thanks for the feedback! Someone already pointed out the persp to me, I just wanted it to be inclusive, live you're a little mouse in the village, but I do agree with your point :)
    As far as saturation, I'll correct it, always a bit shy about overdoing it.
    Thanks again!
  • th1355en
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    th1355en null
    looks awesome. the clouds are pretty boring though, you could definitely make those more stylized, as if they're stretched across the sky receding into background.
  • EVF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVF polycounter lvl 3
    @th1355en aw djes indeed! good idea :) and thanks