Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] Character Art - Deathsworn 2.0: "Kill With Kindness?" - Katarina

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
KellyJohnson3DArt polycounter lvl 6
Katarina and the Evil Crow Companion Lucilla
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Backstory: 

Unlikely allies....

She fights for what she wants, but never wins. "We don't have to fall from grace, put down the weapons of violence and kill em' with kindness", Katarina said.

The skull deathsworn masked crow covers up the lies. "Your eyes are bullets... your mouths a gun," she told the little crow. "Next time we're fighting kill em' with kindness."

"KAA-KAAWWWW!!! I am the unquenchable. I will show you destruction. I will show you fear and STOP SQUIRMING. Your death has been foretold. 
None shall ever know my weakness. I can rip you apart faster then you can bleed." Said the little crow.

"That's no way to make a friend." Katarina replied.

"Even the beasts are afraid of me." Crackled the little crow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all it's Kelly. :) I'm wanting to work on my own skin design variation of Katarina. I am new to League of Legends so I will be learning as I am going along! *Noobs*

This initial image is by Paul Kwon. 

Replies

• KellyJohnson3DArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Since anatomy is most important before anything else working on blocking in the body still!

Face, ears and hands! Just started on the face today. :)

Anyway still going through further anatomy passes then can start on all the other stuff. /O/

• KellyJohnson3DArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    *Board stuff* 

Now that getting closer on anatomy and narrowing in on that step I've grabbed some boards and came closer to a decision on what I'm looking to make. 
    I want a death skin but also my own design a bit. Keep features Riot has but enhance it to "cooler" but also "simple".
    Really fond of animals, Warcraft and trinkets. 

Board 2 is for looking at simplified large soft shapes Riot has.
    Might possibly add a little unicorn heart tattoo somewhere. ;)

• KellyJohnson3DArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Came up with pet design.  Since it is this simple and can reference birds online just struck with a basic noodle drawing. 
    Currently working on Katarina's outfit design and weapon. The companion would be a add later type of thing but is apart of her battle story.

The eyes, face and mask would be very proportionally large in game version.

• KellyJohnson3DArt
  • KellyJohnson3DArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a block-in still long way to go on correcting shapes. Might change a few features out. Following Daniel Orive and Maddy Taylor to fix up proportions.  :)