Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot 2017 Art Contest] Arclight Diana

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Art_of_Chelly polycounter lvl 2
Hello everyone! This will be my first time entering into an online art contest in a very long time! and i look forward to doing this! 

Diana is my main champion in league, and I was thinking about re creating her another skin, and I felt as though arclight would be really cool to see on her. 

Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• Art_of_Chelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys! I just wanted to throw out a quick WIP of what I've been up too.

I'm currently in the process of figuring out Diana's Arclight outfit, I'm still pondering about certain elements in the two designs i've done so far, but in the third one, i'm going to combine elements from both of them to see what i get.

I've included some reference, i'm using of Diana, and the already made Arclight skins as well.

Any suggestions of any kind would be super awesome!

Thank you!

• Ouran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ouran greentooth
    Hey Chelly! Thanks for dropping by on my thread. Arclight sounds like a great fit for Diana and I'm excited to see what you come up with ;)
  • Art_of_Chelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ouran said:
    Hey Chelly! Thanks for dropping by on my thread. Arclight sounds like a great fit for Diana and I'm excited to see what you come up with ;)
     @Ouran haha thank you!! and yeah no problemo! ;P 
  • Art_of_Chelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, im not dead, lmao I'm currently still in school and haven't been able to find time to work on this but here is everything that I've done so far since my last post.

I have a rough idea of what i would like to do with her, but its all not 100% solid, for the outfit ideas i was thinking of doing a mash up between the bottom two in the first image, and i've got a general idea down for her composition.

I'm trying to express and show her mid battle, at like a pause moment before she explodes with some sort of power of arclight, I just really want to capture the essence of her as a "god" and to beware of her in the next moments to come in the battle you're about to witness.

I've referenced the backgrounds in the other arclight splashes, and they all seem to have the same reoccuring things in the background. So im taking from those, and kinda placing diana in the middle of like a battle in the center of a castle plaza just on the outside.

But yeah most of this will probably get tweaked as i go along, but yeah i gotta get a move on with this!
  • Art_of_Chelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Background WIP
  • Art_of_Chelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Art_of_Chelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I met with a terrible fate, and my hard drive that i stored all my files for, for this project got corrupted. 
    But that didn't hold me back. 
    I managed to save the front view line art of this view of diana. 
    As well i'm re drawing the final composition, cause I grew out of it and didn't think it was telling the story well enough anymore. But tomorrow I'll post progress on the final image.

As well, I kept jumping ahead of the process for this. So i went back and made this final design of Diana's outfit.

• Chiharu_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chiharu_J polycounter lvl 2
    So I met with a terrible fate, and my hard drive that i stored all my files for, for this project got corrupted. 
    But that didn't hold me back. 
    I managed to save the front view line art of this view of diana. 
    As well i'm re drawing the final composition, cause I grew out of it and didn't think it was telling the story well enough anymore. But tomorrow I'll post progress on the final image.

As well, I kept jumping ahead of the process for this. So i went back and made this final design of Diana's outfit.

OMG I'm so sorry about your work,  atleast you had the character design saved somewher. Maybe this time it'll be even better than before. Good luck. 
  • Art_of_Chelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Chiharu_J thank you!! So far everything has been okay :p i'm actually kind of thankful that this happened, cause I've come up with something a lot better than my original thought! 
  • Art_of_Chelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So here Is where I stand now with my new composition.

I based the story/ design off of Arclight Vel'koz's splash art. I designed it off of the idea that Diana is now the new "chosen" one to join the arclight team, and shes standing on the steps that are in vel'koz skin, after being chosen by vel'koz to join the team, she also has a line of helmet bros staring at her in shock after being chosen. ( still need to add more in)
  • Art_of_Chelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Art_of_Chelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay this is where I am for the night. I am so determined to finish this. Im going to be waking up early tomorrow... or later this morning lmao to finish this off, and as well when im done my classes for the day. good luck to all of you in similar positions as myself! 
  • Art_of_Chelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FINAL
    Well, It's finally done. I didn't get to include some things that I originally wanted to include, but it's fine. This was a huge learning process for me, this may not be the most amazing thing but,  I'm glad that I took part in this contest. Good luck to everyone.
  • McKennaKhelpi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McKennaKhelpi triangle
    Congrats on finishing! I was in the same boat as far as time constraints, but you still pulled off a lovely illustration- I really enjoy the softness to the painting. 
  • Art_of_Chelly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Congrats on finishing! I was in the same boat as far as time constraints, but you still pulled off a lovely illustration- I really enjoy the softness to the painting. 
    Thank you very much!!