Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] Ravenborn Quinn & Valor

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Keyla triangle
Latest update

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone, 

I'm not a concept artist... but I did my best! This is my first concept draft of a Ravenborn Quinn & Valor. Feedback is welcome and thank you for CC. Nothing is final yet, will see where this goes!

I'm excited to see what everyone is up to!!  :)

Replies

• Keyla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keyla triangle
    Here is an update of how my Quinn is going!  :#

I worked on her face and blocked out her body. Feedback and CC are appreciated! I'm not sure about her proportions etc yet. Did some hair strands for fun. 

• jman86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jman86 polycounter lvl 5
    I like the idea of the feathers and of course, purple is a nice color anyway. I look forward to how it's all going to come out. I have feathers in my skin to and it's going to be a nice challenge to conquer. 
  • Keyla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keyla triangle
    jman86 said:
    I like the idea of the feathers and of course, purple is a nice color anyway. I look forward to how it's all going to come out. I have feathers in my skin to and it's going to be a nice challenge to conquer. 
    I love purple! Thank you. I'm not sure how I'm going to do the feathers yet, so it'll be a nice challenge for sure! 
  • vonboe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vonboe polycounter lvl 12
    Without knowing too much about the character I looked through all of her skins and it seems like she have a common theme of having a unique piece of headgear.

Are you leaving this part out? Pretty sure you could make a cool design with that :)
  • Keyla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keyla triangle
    vonboe said:
    Without knowing too much about the character I looked through all of her skins and it seems like she have a common theme of having a unique piece of headgear.

Are you leaving this part out? Pretty sure you could make a cool design with that :)
    Yeah, she does! It's going to be a pretty important piece. I'm going to have to think of something that'll fit with the Ravenborn skin (Ravenborn Leblanc has a cool headpiece too) I haven't included it in my first draft because I wanted to concept the headgear separately. It's gonna be a tough one :)

I'm really liking the direction you're going with your piece!
  • Keyla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keyla triangle
    I had some time to fix her body and work on blocking out some of her clothes. It's exciting to see it come to life a bit and can't wait to change stuff and add more! 

• Keyla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keyla triangle
    Blocked out some more of her clothes to see how it'd work in 3D. I'm gonna play around with her design a bit more. Feedback is appreciated! :) 

I also added an idea for a headpiece. 

• vonboe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vonboe polycounter lvl 12
    Great work Keyla, it's getting together really well :)

I think some sort of armor / leg pad and maybe add something to her back, quiver or a short feathery cape would help to make her silhouette and character more interesting. 

• Keyla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keyla triangle
    vonboe said:
    Great work Keyla, it's getting together really well :)

I think some sort of armor / leg pad and maybe add something to her back, quiver or a short feathery cape would help to make her silhouette and character more interesting. 

Thank you! And thank you for your feedback. It does feel really empty in that spot. I've put something in place there now which I'll show in my next update! I hope it looks good and else I'll eagerly await feedback :smiley: Quinn does carry a quiver on her back! I'll have to think of something nice that'll fit her design. I believe she also has a cape in all her other skins but I think with the kind of jacket I have, it'd be too much? I'm not sure. I'll try some things, thanks again!! :blush:
  • Keyla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keyla triangle
    I made some more progress today! Here's what I have so far, made a couple changes. I have put in some placeholders for her quiver and the spot for Valor. 
  • Keyla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keyla triangle

I got really busy with a job so I couldn't work on this for a while. But I'm back!! Here is my start on Valor for Quinn her Ravenborn skin. I'm trying to model a "cool" looking raven. I've never modelled a bird before though, so I'm not sure if I'm going about this the right way? Am I doing it in a way so it'd be easy for me to pose it later on? :) Any feedback is appreciated!! 
  • Keyla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keyla triangle

I fixed Valor with some feedback I got :smiley:
  • Keyla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keyla triangle
    I got some more time to work on this so I've started on Quinn her "crossbow!" :D Yay. Here's my WIP so far: 

• Splinter101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Splinter101 polycounter lvl 3
    This is looking great. I'm gonna follow your updates can't wait to see more. Good luck!
  • Keyla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keyla triangle
    This is looking great. I'm gonna follow your updates can't wait to see more. Good luck!
    Thank you!! :smiley:

I reworked the crossbow a bit. I asked for feedback on my twitter and everyone chose A! 

I also made a Quiver and here is her final design

And here I put everything together really quick

• Keyla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keyla triangle
    Long time no update but I've not been standing still. I've retopologized everything to around 8400 tris. Everything shares the same map. I've just done a bake

And since that went well, I started handpainting her :smile:

It's just a quick start but I'm liking where it's going and I hope I make some quick progress. A lot of painting to be done!