Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

Crying Wolf Jhin by Skeletal Raven.

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
skeletal_raven_arts polycounter lvl 5
Hi everyone, 
My name is Zaid aka Skeletal Raven , been doing 3D since 2013, currently  Freelancing as a Game Art Generalist 
Will be working on a Skin for Jhin, I don't play much LoL or online but I always admired the amount of work that was put into LoL characters and the flavors, will be working on Jhin Character skin.

Wish me luck! 

Replies

• skeletal_raven_arts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crying Wolf Jhin is a Confederate who stopped fighting the Natives, because he started feeling guilty and fell in love with one, He was shamed and killed with his loved one by his superior and by the power of a Talisman that was gifted to him he came back from the dead carrying the corpse of his loved one avenging their death.

I know it is cheesy, but hi! I love cheese, it is melty! :D 
  • skeletal_raven_arts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Had some time to work on Jhin's face today, Had some inspiration from the usual ideal fantasy male facial structure mixed with a bit of Clint Eastwood, I mean you got a gunner with a revenge story, who would be better than Eastwood!? :D 

update: forgot to mention that I went with the blue skin as he is undead and he has a red Native war paint on his face and ent with the orange brown color for the hair to contrast the skin color.
  • jmiles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmiles interpolator
    very cool!  looking forward to more!
  • skeletal_raven_arts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmiles said:
    very cool!  looking forward to more!

Thank you very much! 

alright! here is a very rough model sheet, not all the design elements are placed here as this is a mere proportional land marks to clean the idea better for modeling.

next jumping to a more detailed design elements ( weapon, accessories, stitches, etc...)

• skeletal_raven_arts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright! major updates here! so! 

I usually start my models with lowpoly mesh to have clean topology, concentrating on the topology it self more than proportions to just set up the model for sculpting.

2nd stage using blender sculpting tools I start moving around the mesh like clay to and sculpt it at a low sub div to fix all the mis-proportions  that i have all over the place, still not complete yet but getting there for sure :) 
  • skeletal_raven_arts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so I started blocking out actual shapes here and over all silhouette for Crying Wolf Jhin, coming out well :) 
  • skeletal_raven_arts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright! so after wasting 2 weeks thanks to a Hard Drive Failure losing lots of my data, getting a new HD was a nightmare as the tech shop had all noobs and it was a nightmare!!! I almost gave up on continuing until I saw an amazing artist finishing his work and really motivated me ( Thanks Juan Francisco Pico!!! ) as he did a hilarious Madre Mundo as an angry house wife with a Slipper in hand as a weapon! Brilliant!!!

so I looked through my uploaded messy data base and found an old version of the model and started working on Crying Wolf Jhin again!!! 

will start sculpting after I finish modeling the weapon, but I really like the results so far and I can cut a tad more poly on him I believe, so far he is 8K Tris

• skeletal_raven_arts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright! so after wasting 2 weeks thanks to a Hard Drive Failure losing lots of my data, getting a new HD was a nightmare as the tech shop had all noobs and it was a nightmare!!! I almost gave up on continuing until I saw an amazing artist finishing his work and really motivated me ( Thanks Juan Francisco Pico!!! ) as he did a hilarious Madre Mundo as an angry house wife with a Slipper in hand as a weapon! Brilliant!!!

so I looked through my uploaded messy data base and found an old version of the model and started working on Crying Wolf Jhin again!!! 

will start sculpting after I finish modeling the weapon, but I really like the results so far and I can cut a tad more poly on him I believe, so far he is 8K Tris

• skeletal_raven_arts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So started Sculpting, things are looking very well, still few pieces and it seems am kinda avoiding the weapon design for some reason which am going to do next! 
  • skeletal_raven_arts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man that was a Trip! now to the weapon finally!