What to Create
A fully-textured character model of your favorite League of Legends champion/skin
Things to keep in mind
- Take any champion in LoL and create a high-poly sculpt (optional) and low-poly fully textured model
What to deliver
- There are no hard limits on polycounts but efficiency is appreciated: use your best judgment and make every polygon count
- Bake the Ambient Occlusion (AO) map and use this as the start of your Diffuse Map
- Try to keep the texture on its own single 2048 diffuse sheet
- You can recreate the base champion, an existing skin or create your own design.
- Beauty shot of the high poly sculpt (high resolution) at angles that will best show the quality of your asset (Optional if you created a high poly sculpt)
- Beauty shot of the low poly model (high resolution) at angles that will best show the quality of your asset
- Texture with flat lighting on, as found in League of Legends (LoL)
- Composite shot of your character over the updated Summoner’s Rift map (3/4 view)
- The goal is to see your character in context to the environments found in LoL while being mindful of the design requirements of the MOBA genre
- A construction shot (high resolution) which should include the following:
- Wireframe of the low poly model w/ polycounts
- Texture Sheet showing a good demonstration of economical UV space
- Any reference and/or sketches that illustrate your thought process
Summoner's Rift Reference Images
How Riot will judge
The team at Riot is looking for top-tier high and low poly character models. What does top-tier mean? We’re glad you asked: Riot wants to see good topology, UVs used with maximum efficiency and stunning hand-painted textures.
Ready to submit?