What to create
Original sound design for a video clip provided by Riot Audio
What to keep in mind
- Create a 100% original, from scratch, fully designed,and fully mixed soundscape that brings the video clip to life!
What to deliver
- All audio must be original and recorded by you - no SFX from commercially available libraries.
- Please don't include musical accompaniment; SFX and voice only.
What Riot will judge
- Quicktime video export of your final product.
- Zipped DAW final edit session, (Pro Tools, Reaper or Nuendo.) Don't forget to include all media
- Quick essay (500-1,000 words,) on your approach, methodology and any other pertinent info relating to how you tackled the contest.
- Please provide details of where and how you recorded any original audio.
Originality! Show us something our players have never heard, and blow us away in your finished clip. Go!Ready to submit?
Those library in question doesnt make great sounddesign, the combination of great ideas, creativity and skill does.
We fully expect this to be a huge challenge - everyone on the team thought it would be a great way to push people outside of their comfort zones and force you guys to experiment with new tools and techniques.
I just found out this, when is the submission deadline?
- and / or are we allowed to use our own voice?
2 questions :
- Do we only have to create a topic in the sub-section with name of the contest + keep it updated to enter the contest or are there other ways to officially enter it ?
- How about our "property" rights ? I mean, I want to enter the Sound Design section, and it is specified that we need to create original recordings/sound design + give the DAW project with all audios, etc. Can you use our work freely after the contest ? I don't want to insinuate anything, but just want to understand how does this works. It is a lot of work (1:30 min), abundant scenes, voice overs, etc. All of this will be done on our (at least my) spare time (I'm a sound designer full time), and I don't want that work/workflow being used freely and/or without my permission. Can you give more infos about that ? Once again, no offense intended here, I'm super excited about this contest !
Thanks for your answer !
PRIZING FOR FOLLOWING CATEGORIES: Sound Design
First Place. One First Place winning Entry from the Category above shall be awarded:
● One Pair (2 Total) Genelec 8030C Powered Studio Monitors (ARV $695.00 x 2 = $1390.00)
Second Place. One Second Place winning Entry from the Category above shall be awarded:
● Rode NTG-3 Shotgun Microphone (ARV $699.00)
● Rode Blimp2 (ARV $299.00)
Third Place. One Third Place winning Entry from the Category above shall be awarded:
● Zoom H6 Handy Recorder (ARV $349.00)
● Zoom H6 Accessory Pack (ARV $59.00)
The total ARV of all prizes in the Sound Design Category is $2796.00.
But If I understand, SFX only are asked ?
What about loudness levels and dynamic range?
Do you have specifications for master version?
I am willing to deep dive on the project but there needs to be a way to accomplish this so those of us that primarily use Logic Pro X to create with.
I'd even go so far as to provide my login with apple so that you all have a working copy to of Logic Pro X in order judge the created content. The DAW's listed need to be opened up. Not only can I provide session notes right inside of Logic Pro X off to the right, but I know my organization within it is outstanding.
Here is an example of some of my most recent work with Uncharted The Lost Legacy.
Pre-editing notes displayed
Post editing and notes displayed
I have the same question about files upload
I found PDF with official rules but link provided in there didn't work
Can you give a link for contest project uploading?
I would like to register to the contest. How do I? I've already created an account at polycount but I can't find any link to the contest registration. Thank you.
I can not access the link to the submission download tool either (in the "Riot Creative Contest Rules" pdf).
Stand by for the link for entry submissions - thanks for bearing with us
If it is ok I'd like to take part in the contest as well! I have created a Polycount account and downloaded the video. Is there anything else I need to do before I start?
I try to click on "transfer" but nothing happens !!!
Only 3 hours left please help !