Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Breath of Fire -Beak!

Zarok3D
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Zarok3D vertex
modelHello everyone, doing a model over an old game series called Breath of Fire. I've always loved this series and this particular monster, so I wanted to try my spin on it in 3D. Model is 11k and is displayed in Marmoset (in the link below) and UE4 (pics below). I'm still fairly new to game models and would love some critique. Thank you!
Turntable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx40EJu76zU

UVs

UE4:

Replies

• Shyralon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shyralon polycounter lvl 11
    Loved the first two breath of fire games!
    The model is looking good, but the materials all read the same. Not too sure what exactly the body is made out but it would be nice to have the beak having a different material/roughness than the body.
    Also is it intentional that you didn't make the body round?
  • Zarok3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zarok3D vertex
    Okay, I'll go in and give them more definition to seperate out the materials. I felt like the beak and body where too close to roughness and am working on toning down the roughness on the body and maybe even adding a plastic like roughness multiplied over the beak. I'm not quite sure what you mean about not making the body round, so I guess it was not my intention if the body isn't round enough. Thank you for your comment, you're the first person to comment on my post, haha. :)