Home Technical Talk

3DS Max Vrey renderer whites out everything...

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
krasenmaximov polycounter lvl 7
Ive been trying to set up scene with lighting using the vreylight/sun or any, and Physical Camera (I use 3dsmax2016). It just doesnt happen, Everything is white, and right now I deleted all the lights and camera so it should be a black render screen AND AGAIN  its white. I deleted the whole set and again its white. 
  Ive been struggling with vrey for the past few days, once I fix this shit Ill go get his cheeks busted because its driving me crazy.Damn right Vrey is going to put in some work for me.

Replies

• LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN polycounter
    Reset render setings and try again, add a vray camera, add a sunlight, add a plane, cube and apply a vray material and try again. If it`s still white try lowering the vray light/sun intensity to 0.05

And from what i know these can be caused by the DefaultVraySky that is added in the Environment Map slot, press 8 and deactivate the Use Map checkbox!

When you create the VraySun it will ask you if you would like to automatically add a VraySky environment map. Just choose no. You can add that manually if you really want that.
  • krasenmaximov
    Offline / Send Message
    krasenmaximov polycounter lvl 7
    s1dK said:
    Reset render setings and try again, add a vray camera, add a sunlight, add a plane, cube and apply a vray material and try again. If it`s still white try lowering the vray light/sun intensity to 0.05

And from what i know these can be caused by the DefaultVraySky that is added in the Environment Map slot, press 8 and deactivate the Use Map checkbox!

When you create the VraySun it will ask you if you would like to automatically add a VraySky environment map. Just choose no. You can add that manually if you really want that.
     Hey sldK, thats helpful thank you ! I flew on another problem, after switching to vrey exposure it seems I cant use any of the light options. It again whites out the renderer and this time the viewport,too.  I dont want to bother you with many questions. Sorry if I do