Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Sculpt for 3D Print

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
lotzoh polycounter lvl 2
Hey guys! This is just a basic sculpt that I created for my 3D printing class. After she is printed I want to dremel and paint her but I really want to continue to fine tune her. What do you all think so far? 

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Congrats for finishing. The model is suffering the 'melty' look that alot of beginning artists have. The mesh looks pretty high rez from the sharp bits you have.There are not many folds in the clothing that support the pose and it looks like you made the sculpt in one piece which is ok as long as it doesn't look like it. The anatomy needs work, even for a cartoon or stylized character there is alot you can do to project a character. It would be a good idea maybe to practice making a bunch of 'A' posed characters to get the forms down. Even cartoon/stylized figure stem from realistic human anatomy.

• lotzoh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotzoh polycounter lvl 2
    Thank you!!! I will definitely work on the anatomy and I agree I couldn't put my finger on what it was called but melty definitely explains what I couldn't thanks for the poses and info!!