Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

NightElf Druid - Personal Project

Zeepar
null
Offline / Send Message
Zeepar null
Hey guys/gals, first time poster here :blush:
Would love to get some feedback on this personal project i've embarked upon.

My goal is to create a scene with this Druid being the focal point, rendered realtime in marmoset. (it's going to contain more than the character, but first and foremost i want this character to work in it self)

I'm looking for any and all advice on the design of the character, what you think works, and what doesn't.
I want the character to stay within the realm of Warcraft.

Replies

• dGreenberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dGreenberg polycounter
    Hey @Zeepar, you're off to an awesome start your project! I think her pauldrons, gauntlets, horns, and the front of the belt / waist armor are working in her favor. The shoes, the lower parts of the armor (she could maybe use something on her lower body besides the bikini piece), and the cloth pieces are not working out as well. There's nothing really off about her hairstyle, but you could maybe try something different to change it up, or add some asymmetry to help draw our eyes up towards her face. Right now the shoulder pad pieces are acting as more of a focal point than anything else, to me.

As fit as she looks, you could maybe try to add a little more muscle definition or anatomy to her lower legs, and I think you should move her knees down slightly as well. Her legs could probably be shortened and her head could be a little bigger. I'm not an expert on anatomy (wish I was), so I can only suggest my own opinion with this type of thing. I tried to make a little paint over to show what I'm talking about (in hindsight I might have made the head a little too large, but I hope the idea makes sense):

If you want to make it more in the WoW style, you'll probably want to try scaling up the forearms and hands and increase the size of her pauldrons. Hope to see you post some updates on the character soon, and best of luck moving forward!
  • Zeepar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zeepar null
    @dGreenberg
    Thanks! for the much appreciated feedback ^^
    Some very valid points, will deffinately look into it, i have been struggling with the lower part of her, been doing a couple of iterations
    of armour, but most of it felt kind of forced, will continue struggling till something ticks :p Maybe, since she's a druid and all, some bandages wrapping around the lower part of her legs, and feet. - Regarding the anatomy, the legs are kind of lifted at an angle, because i wanted to give her heels.
    I think some more muscle definition on her calves etc, could help, so i'm going to try that out as well :) - It's not neccesarily a character that's supposed to be in WoW, as i'll be taking a handpainted stylized PBR approach regarding the texturing, but more so something that could fit within the realm of warcraft lore.