Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Modern Witch

Salulu
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Salulu polycounter lvl 4
Something I've been chipping away at really slowly on the past few month based on a concept I drew.
Wanted to do a witch character with a bit of a modern aesthetic.
Rendered in Marmoset Toolbag 3.
Hope you like it!
Artstation here: https://www.artstation.com/salu

Replies

• AirmanEpic
    Offline / Send Message
    AirmanEpic polycounter lvl 6
    Very realistic! This may hold you back a bit though, it might be worth it to have more accessories/color/things hanging off to make it more interesting. Way beyond my skill though. How'd you make the staff?
  • Salulu
    Offline / Send Message
    Salulu polycounter lvl 4
    Very realistic! This may hold you back a bit though, it might be worth it to have more accessories/color/things hanging off to make it more interesting. Way beyond my skill though. How'd you make the staff?
    Thanks!
    Yea I agree about the accessories thing, I couldn't really think of what else to add for more visual interest, some stuff I tried ended up making it look worse. Really lacking in my concepting skills at the moment, gonna try and improve on that.

For the staff I just took a cylinder into Zbrush and pushed the shape around a bit, then sculpted the major bumps/grooves etc. with the basic clay/dam standard/ hpolish brushes, then took a few wood alphas and dragged on top for the small details.
    The hair and feathers on top are just poly planes with transparency alpha textures applied.
  • oreoorbitz
    Offline / Send Message
    oreoorbitz polycounter lvl 9
    Looks good, nice progress. I don't know if you're done working on the face, but I think some asymmetry to would make make the face more realistic. For presentation, I think maybe dark grey background might help her figure pop a bit more. her pants and shoes get lost in the background. I think you could probably get away with adding some more subtle muscular detail to her arms. Since her arms and face have the lightest hue,  they contrast with her darker clothing and thus they become focal points. 

You're going detail her ears right?

• Salulu
    Offline / Send Message
    Salulu polycounter lvl 4
    Looks good, nice progress. I don't know if you're done working on the face, but I think some asymmetry to would make make the face more realistic. For presentation, I think maybe dark grey background might help her figure pop a bit more. her pants and shoes get lost in the background. I think you could probably get away with adding some more subtle muscular detail to her arms. Since her arms and face have the lightest hue,  they contrast with her darker clothing and thus they become focal points. 

You're going detail her ears right?

Thanks for the feedback! Very good points.
    I guess I did leave the ears a bit unfinished huh? :p
    I feel a bit sick of looking at this piece by now so wanna work on some other things for the moment haha.
    I plan to come back to it in a few months once I'm a bit better, so I can try and push it with some more details to the design and general improvements, so I'll be sure to keep these suggestions in mind.
    Thanks again.