Home Technical Talk

Free anatomical correct and rigged model of human to help in posing ?

Peksio
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Peksio polycounter lvl 4
Hello. I found some nice concept of women that I want to model. Most of the model will be done in hardsurface but this women is in pretty weird standing position. I was wondering, how can I get pose and proportions good from the start before I will start creating pieces of hard surface models ?

Is there some anatomicaly correct 3d model that is rigged so I could just make a pose and then build on it (and delete it later) ?

I mean, of course that I will block it out but still, even very, very small changes will be very painful :/

Thanks

Replies

• Peksio
    Offline / Send Message
    Peksio polycounter lvl 4
    Well, it don't have to be whole anatomical correct model. It can be anyting as long as it will help me pose my character. For now I am using Bipod from 3ds max but maybe there is something better ?
  • RN
    Offline / Send Message
    RN sublime tool
    Peksio said:
    Is there some anatomicaly correct 3d model that is rigged so I could just make a pose and then build on it (and delete it later) ?
    You can use MakeHuman, it's a standalone desktop program.
    In there...
     - Change body features like you want (using sliders);
    - Export skinned FBX or Collada (includes a simple skeleton, no rig);
    - Import in Blender or 3ds for posing.

http://www.makehuman.org/download.php

----- to clarify, by "simple skeleton, no rig" I mean just bones and the mesh skinned to them, there aren't any control objects or IK solvers.
    You use FK for posing and it works fine.