Home Technical Talk

Zbrush or 3dCoat (70% Hard Surface 30% organic)

Hello,
First off i know this has been asked severy times now already , but after googlling for at least 2 hours all the posts are nearly 2 years old and things have changed.

I use Blender as my main modeling tool and will propably never switch to maya or max as long as i dont have to for modeling.
But i wanted a good sculpting app for a good time now that goes well with Blender , cause i dont dont like Blender sculpting that much.

Iam especially interested in hard surface design like mechanical robots, although i would also do some organic stuff. My Main focus is developing for video games, so i would do retopo in blender , and more or less just do the high poly in zbrush or 3d coat  because its easier to mess aropund and come up with ideas during sculpting process then sliding edges in Blender. i would use the high Poly from Zbrush to then bake the maps in Substance Painter.

I was pretty sure to buy Zbrush already cause i really liked it after the trial period, yes the ui is messy but i diddnt find it to hard to get into and
was already on the edge of buying it .But when i saw 3d coat and people saying it does pretty much the same job and is cheaper i questioned myself.
I also heard people say 3dCoat is better for hardsurface design but those posts are from 2 years ago from people that seemed like they used both softwares not more then 10 hours.

But it seems like 3d Coat is catching up with Zbrush.
So what do you guys think especially considering the latest big updates of both Zbrush and 3dCoat. Thanks in advance.

Ps: iam not that interested in 3d Coats Painting abilties since i already own Substance Painter.