Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Punching Animation

BenEdwards94
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
BenEdwards94 polycounter lvl 2
PUNCHING ANIMATION WIP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9_oEvODuJY&feature=youtu.be
This is still a wip, but I'd like to receive some constructive criticism on this. Still a few noticeable things I can see myself, so feel free to be honest about it. Cheers!

Replies

• AnthonyAnimation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AnthonyAnimation greentooth
    Thanks for sharing! Try uploading to Syncsketch next time, that way it's easier to critique. I'd really recommend looking at reference in any animation you do. Even acting it out helps a ton- be mindful of how your body moves.

Think about weight transfer and anticipation. The first punch feels weak because there is no antic. Also pay attention to where the character is looking, they would want to keep their eye on the target.
  • BenEdwards94
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BenEdwards94 polycounter lvl 2
    Hey man.

I recorded myself doing some punching, but I don't think it worked out too well lol, worst reference ever! So I did some altering since this post and looked at a proper boxing/punching reference video. Hundred times better now. Gonna post it in a few minutes to see what more critique I can gather, Thanks for the comment though. Really appreciate it.

Ahh okay. I'd never heard of Syncsketch before, until now, so I'll definitely do that.