Home Unity

Blender Addon - Blend2Unity

Johnniewooker
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Johnniewooker polycounter lvl 4
Hi

I came up with this addon while working on my recent project.

"Export to FBX" button allows to export models to FBX with proper transformation and preserved smoothing groups. It also sets the pivot on the lowest vertex and provides the possibility to export as one file or multiple files.

"Convert map only" button converts Roughness map to Smoothness as Base Color or Metallic alpha channel.
"Export unitypackage" allows to export model with textures (converted roughness to smoothness as alpha) to single *.unitypackage file

Limitations:
- To properly export Unity Package file you have to use Blender in version 2.79 and Principled BSDF shader. You will get best results with textures connected directly to Prinsipled BSDF node (without rgb curves, color ramp etc., normal map is an exception). The addon searches for maps connected into following inputs: Base Color, Metallic, Roughness, Normal
- Converting Roughness to Smoothness requiers a lot of calculations and it's a time consuming task (approximately 30 seconds for 4k texture) so don't worry if Blender will look like it stuck.

Addon can be downloaded here:

Replies

• root
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    root polycounter lvl 17
    This is radical!
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    Will this work with the latest 2.8 beta ? :)  

• Or1ovsky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yo, thx for the addon but is it possible to make a really short video guide where you show and specify exactly what version of Blender and Unity you using and what are the setting in Blender material node and Unity ? 

Cause I tested both Blend2Unity Gumroad and GitHub "Master" versions on latest 2.7b night build, stable 2.7b, 2.8 beta and all I keep getting are mistakes and Blender crashes. Not a single success with exporting simple Cube with Color And Normal maps only.

Unfortunatelly I could not get it through to "Magic" however if I managed to, it would be a REAL pipeline performance boost. Thx a lot in advance.