Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Republic Commando Helmet with HUD & Interior

null
Offline / Send Message
Dudelit null

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/mbZ0d

Just finished off this Clone Commando helmet with all the nice internal bits as well. There's loads more pretty pictures over on my Artstation and a 3D viewer so you can get up inside the helmet and pretend to be a Star War 

A long time ago.. I used to make stop-motion LEGO films on YouTube based on characters from Republic Commando. My hobby of animation eventually turned into a passion for game development but I'm still super fond of the characters I created. This project was quick one to mess around with more hard surface stuff and to try creating a proper interior within a tight space.

It's not 100% faithful to the helmets in the game, mine is a little more angular and chunky with a few extra rivets here and there.

I would have liked to create the helmet accessories (and maybe the full characters) but there's a couple more projects that I need to finish in the next couple of weeks before I start my final year at University. As much as I want to, I can't spend all my time making Star Wars stuff.

There's a fun picture at the end of the post with the original LEGO figure designs and their action figure doppelgängers.

C&C would be amazing and if you like my work please follow me on Artstation to stay up to date smiley