Home General Discussion

Creating a new office space

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I tried freelancing for a few years, working form home. Too much instability for my taste. 

Loved the home office & flexibility. Hated the  sales & marketing necessary to keep the business coming in. Also it was ugly paying my own health care, and taxes were horrendous, yuck. 

I don't love the commute, but do love being in a team environment. This and that.
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    Looks like a japanese office but with darker lighting hehe.

Yeah instability sucks, If I was still in another country then Japan I probably wouldn`t be freelancing, but companies here aren`t great and relaxed tax rules + good accountant made me take the step, also haven`t had any longer periods without work which might make me feel a bit too positive about my choice, when I do I will probably feel different hehe.

Also I`m not a good studio worker, sometimes I can`t get myself to move the mouse and at other times I can work 30 hours straight.
    So usually doesn`t work out well for me at studios, all good when working from home though, sleep when I`m tired and no big hurdles like putting on clothes and taking the train to actually start working.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    @Eric Chadwick certainly nice to have a stable gig but i was just commenting on the setup of the office really. it's not what i would call an inspiration for interior design. ....looks more like the rower's deck on a galley

:)