Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My PBR Alien Would Like Some Feedback

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
aFlickerFromBeyond polycounter lvl 3

Above is a beauty shot of the model in Marmoset Toolbag 3.

Here's hoping I could get some feedback from this fine community to help improve the piece!  <3

Here is some background on the piece: 

I designed the alien on my own organically as I sculpted in Zbrush. Started from a low res mesh and played with posture until I found something I liked and kept pushing it. I knew I wanted it to look like a familiar bipedal with an interesting alien head, so your typical alien stuff. The same process with posture was applied to the head shapes. After the model was complete I sent it to Maya for retopo (the head killed me, I should have just had that zremeshed lol). Once retopoed, I brought it to Sub Painter (my first time using it) where I baked the model. As for texturing, I often used the smart material prefabs (all three human skin, a leather and I picked out a layer from another one but I forgot which), picking what I liked in each, editing them for my preference and applying it to separate areas on the model. Masking was a huge friend of mine's haha. Also, this is my first time using Marmoset Toolbag 3 and I am in love with it. Can't wait to try it out some more, along with all the other software I used for this project. 

All of the images below are rendered in Marmoset using AO and GI...

Head 3/4:

Head left side: 

Head right side: 

Full body 3/4:
[open the image in a new tab to see the full 2160x3840 image]

Upper body 3/4:

Mid body 3/4:

Lower body 3/4: