NostalHAJ
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
NostalHAJ vertex
Good evenin.

This is what i have done so far:

Made simple brick shape in 3dsmax, exported to zbrush. Sculpted several bricks,
created an insert mesh brush from about 6 different sculpted bricks.
then made a plane in 3dsmax with the right proportions for my scene. unwrapped and exported the plane to zbrush.
Used the insert mesh brush to make a tileable brick wall by inserting the different sculpted bricks into imported plane.
Exported the whole thing and used it as highpoly in substance painter. Lowpoly was that plane i created before.

This is how it looks in substance painter:

And this is what i get when i export the textures --> Albedo is without any colors.

Any idea what i am doing wrong here?

Also --> i cant change the space between the bricks in substance painter because it only sees the plane for mask selection and not the bricks seperately. Any trick to get only between the bricks with mask selection? or do i have to do it manually ?
Thanks!

Replies

• Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Is there any reason why you have two different PBR workflows in your list of channels in the Texture Set settings ?
    You are likely using the wrong export preset, so the final bitmap is probably a channel you didn't use in the project.
  • NostalHAJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NostalHAJ vertex
    So, if i do the PBR smoothness workflow. Which channels do i need? Can i just delete some of the PBR metallic workflow? or do i have to redo the texturing because i used channels to create textures that i wouldnt use anymore?

Also, i am using unity 5. Some of my assets were created using the metallic PBR workflow. Can both PBR smoothness and PBR metallic assets work in the same unity scene? or is that something i should absolutely avoid?

Thanks!

• Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    For a "Smoothness" workflow you probably want the Diffuse, Specular, Glossiness and Height/Normal.
    However you could also use the PBR Metallic/Roughness channels, and then use our export presets to convert them to the other workflow. This can be done automatically with the right setup, see the "export preset" section here : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Exporting+textures