Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Night scene - critique very appreciated!

ColorMusic
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
ColorMusic vertex
Hi! I tried to push the atmosphere in this piece, however something bothers me. Also, I have concerns about the right shore - I'm not sure if I managed to push it from foreground into the distance successfully. So, any advice or critique and overpaints are welcome! Thanks for your attention and have a nice day!

Replies

• Dezzipixels
    Offline / Send Message
    Dezzipixels polycounter lvl 2
    Hi there, definitely like the colors you're working with in this. Your painting however is very muddy and fuzzy right now. I would recommend doing some landscape paintings from life and pay specific  attention to hard edge vs. soft edge shadows. Your atmospheric perspective is decent, however that stone structure in the background has far to much contrast for how far back it is which makes it look like its floating off the page. While you're doing your landscape studies also pay attention to how water reacts when it comes up against an object, there are tones and value changes that need to be present to sell that visual. Good luck and look forward to seeing the next version.   
  • ColorMusic