Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Design Crit- Eion, The Star Breaker

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Dezzipixels polycounter lvl 2
Hi everyone! Wanted to post my latest piece to get your guys feed back on it. I'm focusing on trying to improve my use of textures and effects, as well as just over all improvement. My goal is find my mistakes so I can improve on them for my next piece. Thanks everyone for the help, I really appreciate!

Replies

• EVF
    Offline / Send Message
    EVF polycounter lvl 3
    nice render on the leather pants and boots.
    I'm myself working on my char design, and a critique that was given to me, is that everything about my char is on the same plane, I think it could apply to this as well, evrthg is or seem midground.
    Maybe her face and hair could use some light from those turquoise shards to.
    :)
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    The blue and yellow is really stinging in my eyes, its way to saturated.
    id suggest dropping down the saturation 10-20% overall, maybe keep some of it around the face to draw focus.

contrast draws attention, right now the biggest contrast on the whole piece is probably her boots cuffs, which is probably not where you want the viewer to look.
  • Dezzipixels
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet said:
    The blue and yellow is really stinging in my eyes, its way to saturated.
    id suggest dropping down the saturation 10-20% overall, maybe keep some of it around the face to draw focus.

contrast draws attention, right now the biggest contrast on the whole piece is probably her boots cuffs, which is probably not where you want the viewer to look.
    Hey! Maybe I like boot cuffs! Lol but I see your point, I'll do some color correction and see how it looks. Thanks for the comment!!
  • Dezzipixels
    Offline / Send Message
    EVF said:
    nice render on the leather pants and boots.
    I'm myself working on my char design, and a critique that was given to me, is that everything about my char is on the same plane, I think it could apply to this as well, evrthg is or seem midground.
    Maybe her face and hair could use some light from those turquoise shards to.
    :)
    Ah I see, I'll try adding some more tone and value depth around the edges to help the forms recede. Thanks for the input!!
  • Dezzipixels
    Offline / Send Message
    Had some time so I did a little color correction to this piece. Let me know what you think ^^ .
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Looks much better :)
  • EVF
    Offline / Send Message
    EVF polycounter lvl 3
    oh yeah! definitely improved :)