Home Adobe Substance

Issues with substance textures in UE4

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
JaxMurderer polycounter lvl 5
My substance textures don't tile, nor do they appear correctly in ue4 as they do in painter or designer.  I've unchecked sRGB and set the compression settings to "Masks (no sRGB) on my Roughness/Metalic/AO (they all share the same texture) and I've made sure that uv's for my mesh fall on grid lines yet I'm getting seams when I try to tile the meshes in UE4,
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    I'm not sure about the seams, but I've noticed that the texture's also washed out inside of UE4, which happens whenever I try using .PNG files, because apparently UE4 doesn't handle them properly. Is that the format you have?
    If so, try using .TGA instead.
    That said, I can't be sure, but it doesn't appear to be tiling inside of designer either. Are you sure it is?
  • JaxMurderer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yo dude, thanks so much for the reply. You've fixed my issue with my textures looking washed out in UE4, I was using PNG,  I'm now using TGA but I'm still getting these seams both in UE4 and in Designer. 
  • JaxMurderer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
     I've fixed the seams! I had used a transform 2d to stretch some of the wood grain and that was what was causing the seam so I opted to using a levels node instead.  
  • Larry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    In general that has to do with the UV's of your mesh, even if the texture is tilable, if your UV's don't stretch from one side to the other with no gaps, you will have seams.