Home Unreal Engine

How to export Face Texture animation from Maya to Unreal???????

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
duyvu2709 polycounter lvl 4
I want to have Face texture animation character in Unreal. How to do it in Unreal. Or how to export Face Texture animation from maya to Unreal???
Thanh so much!

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    What kind of "face texture animation"? I'm asking because the implementation in Unreal would depend on this. So we need more info.
  • duyvu2709
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Obscura!
    Ex: i did animation like this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSLyA7eQWOU
    how to export from that file to Unreal. 
    I done animation in maya already. i only want to export from maya to Unreal, because i only need Unreal for render to videos
    Thank you so much!
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is an UV animation. You don't need to export anything on this. Just export regularly. To be able to reproduce the UV anim inside Unreal with the texture, use "flipbook" node in your material.
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bit more detail about this, I was in a hurry when I wrote the previous comment. So you can't export an UV animation to Unreal, but its easy to set it up working in the same way, inside it. You can control UV position in materials. Use flipbook node in your material, or just  a division to scale it, and offset to move it to the texture piece you want. Then all this can be animated with some math, or with a timeline animation, and/or sequencer/matinee.
  • duyvu2709
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh wow! thank you so much for your info. i looked for tutorial follow your keyword and i saw it,  many many thanks for your info!! :wink:  :smiley:  :smiley: